CST namely craniosacral therapy is both a natural and a light method but a highly effective form of heath care, which operates at the level of central nervous system to improve its function.
The starting point of the method and the heading is to locate the problematic points of the body by observing the functioning and the rhythmic movement of the craniosacral system and releasing the observed disorders by using very subtle touches.
Craniosacral system is formed by a whole that consists of cranium and the spine, where a rhythmic movement takes place and which moves fluids in the central nervous system. The therapist notices the restrictions of movement and tensions held in the body regarding this rhythm and makes both the analyses and the healing based on it. The healing takes place fully clothed as the client is lying on his/her back on the healing table. The touches are very light and there is no intention to use massage like movements but instead to produce changes in the nervous system and an improved circulation of the fluids.
CST-therapy can provide help e.g. for the following symptoms:
– Chronic neck and shoulder pain as well as radiating pain
– Post-accident disorders : e.g. Whiplash disorder
– Post-surgery disorders: prolonged pain and tension, unbalanced states of the body
– To balance the unbalanced states in the body and activate the body’s own natural defense mechanisms
– Stress and insomnia and subsequent chronic muscular tensions
– Migraine, head ache and vertigo
– Gnashing of teeth, occlusion and problems with the jaw joint
– Strain and pain in the eyes
– Pain in the lower back as well as the problems in the hip area
– chronic states of pain
– Disorders in the central nervous system
CST- technique is used by Laura and Antti in connection with massage and physiotherapy.